Thursday, August 12, 2010

EOC Week 5: Polls

My first poll is a pretty good Marketing question. It reads “What fashion editorials are you most likely to pick up?” If I’m working in the Marketing Dept. of a company I’m going to need to know what my consumer is reading. If I can’t focus on all of them then I would want to know which publication I should go after the hardest so we can get placement, editorial reviews, and advertisements. I listed the top four fashion publications in the world, Vogue, Elle, Nylon, and Harper’s Bazaar. These four magazines all cover fashion but each of them cover the topic in a very different and unique way, some have more typeface than others, some have more photographic spreads then others, some have more ads then others, covering these magazines are crucial. The second question was a very simple question, yet one that people have debated about for decades. Which fashion culture is most influential? I listed out the four most dominant and prevalent fashion cultures and styles of the world, Parisian, Italian, British, and American. The only ones I didn’t list were the Japanese, this is because I feel like the Japanese fashion is so new and they barely broke out internationally as a fashion capital of the world. I don’t know how the outcome will end up, I’m betting on either American or Parisian fashion. American style and fashion is very similar to Parisian in two very interesting ways. Both have two sides, one side is a very classic iconic style, one that embodies what that culture is and what it forever will be. The other side is a very cutting edge, modern, contemporary, edgy take on what is going on in the streets of the cities of the countries. This is a question that have lingered in my mind for a while, I’m eager to find out the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment